Monday, March 30, 2009

Has dell made the grade in the channel?


While working at EqualLogic, about 2 months before the Dell deal was finalized (and I was to become a Dell'er) I was at a conference where solution providers were giving vendors feedback. There stood a very articulate solution provider who had just given the audience some great feedback on what works and what doesn't when it comes to communications, rebates, margins, and incentives. "And one more thing", he added enthusiastically. "I don't care what they do, I'm NEVER doing business with the four-letter word in channel!"

A gave a little chuckle with the rest of the vendors in the room, then it hit me. Wait! He was talking about me! I was going to be Dell, I was going to be the FOUR-LETTER WORD IN CHANNEL! Over the next 8 months I watched Dell flounder and put forth a very strong channel program. But had the damage already been done? Could Dell dig themselves out of the hole?

Well what do you think? Has Dell made progress? Would love to hear from solution providers.

No comments:

Post a Comment